Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Most Fabulous Birthday Ever

Here's my card for the last Viva la Verve sketch for March.  I inked up Verve's new Better Together set for the first time for this birthday card.

The Most Fabulous Birthday Ever-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve StampsI used the set's birthday sentiment as my focal image.  I stamped it in navy blue ink on a cream panel, then added the chevron strip image beneath it in kraft ink.  A pair of copper brads underneath the chevrons add a little dimension and shine to the panel.

To go with the chevron pattern on the sentiment panel, I found a piece of multicolored chevron patterned paper in my collection of 12x12 paper.  I adhered a panel of the paper to the kraft card base on an angle.  A strip of navy cardstock adhered to the middle of the panel breaks up the busy pattern just a bit.  I layered a piece of golden yellow dotted paper over the chevron panel, also on an angle, then adhered the sentiment on top. 

Materials Used:
Better Together stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Nautical Blue and Toffee Crunch inks (Tsukineko); Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Lake House cardstock (WPlus9); Harvest Gold cardstock, double ended banner die (Papertrey Ink); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); cream cardstock, copper brads (Michaels); Quite Contrary-Jack and Jill "Favorite Thing" Colorful Umbrellas and Indie Chic-Nutmeg "Hanging Out" Rainbow designer papers (My Mind's Eye)

2 comments:

  1. awesome take on the VLV sketch, Lori! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Just love the mix of colors and that fabulous chevron paper!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips