Friday, November 25, 2016

Wishing You a Fin-tastic Day

Here's my card for this month's Sketch for You to Try at Reverse Confetti.  I had colored up the mermaid image from the Mermaid Kisses set earlier this month, so I used her as the focal image on my design.

Wishing You a Fin-tastic Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse Confetti
I colored her in shades of purple and I don't use a lot of purple in my crafting, so putting the card together was kind of a challenge!  I paired the purple with cool blues and that seemed to work.  The mermaid image was adhered to a pale blue pierced circle die cut using foam tape.  I placed her to the side of the panel so there'd be room for the sentiment next to her.  I adhered the round panel to a piece of wavy-ish patterned paper.  The panel was adhered to a light blue panel with a diagonal strip of purple dotted paper across it.  A few iridescent sequin "bubbles" were arranged around the mermaid image to go with the watery feel I was going for. The finished panel was adhered to an aqua card base.

Materials Used:
Mermaid Kisses stamp set, Mermaid Kisses dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle pen (Spectrum Noir); Sno Cone cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Be Mine 6x6 paper pad (American Crafts); Anchors Aweigh 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); iridescent sequins (Darice); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips