Monday, October 9, 2017

Stenciled Sunshine and Smiles

Stenciled Sunshine and Smiles card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and stencil from Honey Bee Stamps
Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I combined the sketch and the sunshine theme from the inspiration photo to create my design.  Most of my card was made using stencils.  I started out by creating the sun with a Honey Bee Stamps stencil and yellow and orange distress inks.  Then I moved on to the layers of clouds.  They were created with a stencil from My Favorite Things and light blue distress ink.  I rotated the stencil with each "line" of clouds to use all of the different edges and create a varied look.  Once the background was done, I stamped the sentiment from Honey Bee's Sending Sunshine stamp set over the stenciling in gray pigment ink.  The finished panel was adhered to a blue card base.

Materials Used:
Sending Sunshine stamp set, Sunburst Layering stencils (Honey Bee Stamps); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Tumbled Glass, Mustard Seed, and Wild Honey distress inks (Ranger); Cool Caribbean cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Cloud stencil (My Favorite Things) 


3 comments:

  1. What a pretty, sunshiny card you've designed; perfect for creating smiles! Stencils are such fun, aren't they! Thank you for sharing this gem in the FUSION gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips